PS2 mini-din 6pin to RS232 DB-9 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky162k

Hi all,

I require some help in how i can build a ps2 to rs232 converter circuit. If someone can hendle me some notes?! I have a CCD barcode reader PS/2 and i need to plug it in an RS232 db-9 port.

Send me a reply please, & Thanks.

Regards Chris

Converter or adaptor? The adaptors often came with mice packages back in the 1990s and should be plentiful. Most decent computer stores should carry them or you can probably find them at places like MCM Electronics.

Dean

As Dean Huster said, pin to pin converters are easy to come by, the only problem I see is if the bar code reader is capable of using a COM port. Some devices cannot comunicate interchangeably. This is also the case for PS/2 and USB.

Here is some info you may find useful:
http://www.ctips.com/ps2.html

As suggested, it depends entirely on the device, a PS2 socket is syncronous, and a comport is asyncronous - unless the software is written specifically to automatically detect and use either type, then it won't work (most mice are designed specifically to do so!).

Use an PIC to do it. make it recive data from the scaner and send it to the PC truch the COM port.

But the drivers wod probobly not acept that.

Meaby if you find some PS2 PCI cards (i know they exist for COM,LPT,USB...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…