PSU Stabilasing using goldcaps???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAKAH

Could i use 3 of these 5,5v 0,1f caps in series connected to my 12v digital power supply to stabilize the signal as good as buying more expensive 100000uF 16v Cap and and using that?
**broken link removed**
i have a 12v picoPSU power supply for my pc and the last one died quite quickly, i was thinking that it was of the unstable signal of the adapter so i should put a cap of big capacitance parallel to the 12v load to stabilize the signal..
and these little ones seem small and cheap comparing to a single 100000uF 16v cap.
thank you
R

That little capacitor was never built for high current applications. I don't know the part number so I don't have a data sheet.
I think you put this in a power supply and it will get hot and burn up.

If you put three 100k uf capacitors in series you get the equivalent of a 33,333 uf capacitor with three times the voltage rating and three times the ESR as well.

So no you don't gain anything. That and I see a 100K uf 16 volt electrolytic capacitor is around $9 at Digikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…