Pt100 temparature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

Hi all,
i want to know about PT100 temparature sensor, can i get current output from this sensor 4-20mA. i want to measure temparature 0 to 50 deg C, i want to do this with one ADC and microcontroller

if the output is resistance then how can i connect it to my 8051 microcontroller.

hi,
One option would be to make up a quarter bridge, 3 elements using precision resistors and the PT100 as the fourth arm of the bridge.
Use a AD623 OPA amplifier, output to your MCU.

OK.?

EDIT:
This image shows one option.
Note the 3, OPA's are all in the same AD623, 8 pin DIP package

Attachments

• PT100.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 6,056
Last edited:
a resistive output needs a resistive network (Like a voltage divider) or like the one good old Sir Eric showed. An LM35 gives out voltage output, you can either wire it up directly to the uC or amplify it using op-amps.

a resistive output needs a resistive network (Like a voltage divider) or like the one good old Sir Eric showed. An LM35 gives out voltage output, you can either wire it up directly to the uC or amplify it using op-amps.
hi viz,
If I was only working over 0C thru 50C, the LM35 would also be my choice, maybe with a simple OPA.

According to the datasheet, the range is from 0-150 C, isn't it? Perhaps it's the accuracy beyond 50 C you're concerned with?

According to the datasheet, the range is from 0-150 C, isn't it? Perhaps it's the accuracy beyond 50 C you're concerned with?
hi,
The accuracy of the LM35 is about +/-0.25Cdeg from +2Cdeg thru about 50C.
The LM35 can used from -55C thru +150C.
The LM335 is good choice for temperatures below 0C.

so output of the opa is connected to MCU using ADC, can i use ADC0804 ADC for this purpose. i am using 8051 microcontroller

so output of the opa is connected to MCU using ADC, can i use ADC0804 ADC for this purpose. i am using 8051 microcontroller

hi,
The ADC0804 8bit ADC could be used between the OPA output and 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…