Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PTM button to control 4 way circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlosantana

Hello guys and galls :D, how are we all?
I need to make a circuit where a button will control a 4 way circuit. Here's the catch, I'm obsessive compulsive...if that switch doesn't ist in the sam position the entire time it's sat there it'll come out! which is why I can't simply use a 4 way push button.

So my plan is simpleish :D
It's all 12v DC and I need a Push to make button to interact with a processor? to then click a switch over please correct me if I'm wrong!
All in all 1 input 4 positions (including off). Can someone draw me up a simple schematic and what processor I'm looking for please? as I have no idea what processor etc
Cheers
Kyle

A block diagram would help. Things that come to mind: a rotary switch with four positions. A mechanical stepping switch. A push-button which advances a logic-chip counter through four states, possibly with LEDs or a 7-segment digit display that shows which state it is at. A push-button switch connected to a PIC microcontroller where the state advancing is done in software. Etc...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by block diagram, I thought of a rotary switch but again switches have to be straight. I may look into that as that seems the most logical alternative. What you mentioned last regarding a microcontroller sounds like what I need. What would I need and how exactly does it work? I've not done anything with microcontrollers before but have a good understanding of electronics

Thanks again :D
Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back