Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Induction Metaldetector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Hedegaard

Hey everybody

I am currently engagede in makeing a projekt about an PI metal detector.

It is my last semester of my IT and Electronics study in Denmark, and i have run into some problems concerning my construction.

I am trying to make this one (follow link to schematic)
Surfmaster PI Metal Detector Schematic Diagramwhich i have modified as follows:

*Q1: BC556
*Q2: BD140-16
*Q3: TIP122
* U1: TLC555 (LinCMOS timer IC)
* U2: NE5534 (Single Low Noise Op Amp)
* U3: 2x TLo71C (Low Power Op Amp)
* U4: MC14093B (Quad Schmitt trigger)
* U5: 78M05 (5V Positive Voltage Regulator)
* U6: LTC1044 (CMOS switched-capacitor voltage converter)
* U7: CD4066 (Quad Bilateral Switch)

And other small changes that isn't that important.

My construction works as well as I have hoped with one huge problem U7/D do not work as I would like it to, if I am correct it should activate when no metal is detected and therefore be connected to gnd and I would hear nothing in he headphones?

But it does not work, I hear a constant tone that I can change the pitch of but not erase, I still hear a clear change in the pitch when I move my coil close to a metal objekt and so I works but I would love to get the damn switch to work.

I hope some of you out there can help me, I have more information on the projekt if needed, so please if somebody knows how to cure me of the splitting headarche I get from using my metaldetector.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back