Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push Bike Speedometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerkroz

Hi I was wondering if any1 could help me.

i need a nice easy Circuit for measuring the speed of a push bike.

i have the general idea on how it would work but dont have a circuit

any help would be great

Thanl you.

Dave

What is a push bike?

For bicycles they do make/sell speedometers that use a magnetic sensor that is fixed to the frame along with a magnet that is attached to one of the wheels. The sensor send a pulse each time the magnet passes indicating one turn of the wheel. By knowing the circumference of the wheel and the counts per unit time the speed can be calculated. A small computer provides the calculations and dispays the output. Nashbar, among others, sell them. I am sure plenty of people have made their own. A PIC or some other small microcontroller can probably handle this task.

Thanks stevez but i was looking for more of a circuit
i plan to use a frequancy to voltage converter and a bank of comparators
so with the out put of the frequancy converter chip the comparators hopfuly will light up the led's any help on how to achive this would be great

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back