Pwm Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunle

I am trying to build a small electronic voltage stabilizer that utilizes a PWM circuit to trigger the transistors of the circuit. Basically, the regulator is meant to inject missing voltage from the inverter into a source voltage that has voltage sag. I have been looking for a module that can do the function. Please somebody to help me out.

Thanks.

I've no idea what you're on about?.

I suggest you fully explain your problem, rather than how you think it can be cured.

Here in the states they're called AVC's (Automatic Voltage Controllers) at least that the buzz letters on a few higher end power strips I've seen. They clip peaks from mains power and provide missing cycles or holdup for brief brownouts caused by initial user stupidity in connecting mixed consumer electronics components together on the same mismanaged circuit.

thanks. What i am working on is a electronic line voltage stabilizer to correct voltage dips. I have designed the power stage that will inject the missing voltage whenever the voltage dip occurs but found out i need to design a circuit that will generate a PWM signal that will trigger the transistors in order to generate the desired PWM signal. WHat i am actually looking for is the possibility of geting an IC module that can be used instead of designing a circuit. In the alternative, is there any other solution I can employ for this purpose.
Thanks.

Purchase a purpose built unit at a local store, or online if no local source is available. I guess the proper acronym to be searching for is AVR, or AVS (Regulator and Stabilizer the same meaning as Controller). It's commonly built into higher end UPS's, the first link I find with a big box retailer in my area is a 90$ unit at Circuit City which is a 1000VA 600watt UPS with the voltage regulation feature built in. I'm sure a more exhaustive search would be in order to find something to suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…