Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pwm schematic simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspcan

look the pwm schematic in the attatched file ,I made a simple simulation of it,but I found that the lowest voltage of the output is more than 1V. So, if I want reduce it to 0v, what changes should be make to the schematic? thanks for your consideration

Attachments

• pwm.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 340
You may notice that one input of your output op amp is tied to a voltage divider so the op amp will always have an offset voltage. Single-supply op amp circuits have that problem. Either use an output coupling capacitor, or go to a dual supply voltage (much better).

yes,you are right, the schematic is download from this forum. After simulation, I don't know what kind of role the voltage divider and the fouth op play in the circuit, it seems that changing the value of the divide resistor haven't any influence to the output wave, if you want to change the frequency and the output voltage duty, you have to change the capacitor value and the gain of the op, I do think its a 'not good' pwm circuit. anyone has some advice?

and somebody can help me on figuring out the maximum and the minimum frequency the circuit output wave? or provide the figure steps ,thank you!

The minimum output voltage of the TL084 is about 1.2V higher than its negative supply which is ground in this circuit. The output of a TL084 suddenly inverts when an input voltage is about 2V or lower from its negative supply voltage which is ground in this circuit.

Use an old LM324 for low frequencies or an MC34074 for high frequencies since their outputs go to ground and their inputs work fine at 0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back