QT113 sensor IC- 240v switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recieved a sample of the QT113 chip from Quantum. I've been playing around with sensitivity etc and they are a real development, I have been using capacitive switches for house lighting etc these have been run from a 12vDC power supply which also runs a 12vDC relay for switching the 240v.

I want to replace any currently mechanically operated switches that remain in a home with a QT113 circuit.

Whilst I have the circuit figured out, I wonder if someone can suggest a way I could adapt the 240vAC feed to the existing switches into a supply of 2-12vDC easily, I am familiar with using the 805 regulators but need to drop the voltage and switch to DC 1st. I need it to be a fairly small physical size conversion because of the limitation of space behind existing switches. I don't want to use pre-manufactured regulated adapters and have to run that supply to each switch I want to utilise the existing lighting supply.

Any help would be appreciated....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…