Quad Stepper Motor Controler via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

misiacik7

Hi there...

I wonder if someone construct controller for four stepper motors which comunicate with PC via USB. My task is to controll them via PC and/or via Buttons (each of them)

If yes can someone send me some materials, cause I digged on inet and found nothing.

Thanks a lot.

Sounds like a job request. I take it you are hoping someone already has such a device. You could build it but you'll probably need a PIC like the 18F2550.

The forum you should be looking at is:
http://www.cnczone.com/

Here is a nice one but I don't think they are going to give anything away free! **broken link removed**

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
Sounds like a job request. I take it you are hoping someone already has such a device. You could build it but you'll probably need a PIC like the 18F2550.

yeah... I meant it that way... I hope somebody done such a project...

Question is: Is here somebody who has a schematic diagram on stepper motor Controller (USB is better)?

I would like to control it via PC and when it is turned off via buttons.

hope I will find someone who constructed something I want....

btw I will post some materials I found...

I want to ask you...

Do you think this schema will work, if i just wire SL1 form USB board with SL1 from Controller board?

and what about the buttons?

Any advice?

please help me someone, I know you could

Google: "usb stepper"
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Cool eh?

Last edited:
I can't believe there's nobody who can help me?

Does anybody think that the schema I posted is the solution for my task?

I want to control the motors via PC and via Buttons.

the buttons shuld by 4-position
- move motor clockwise
- move motor clockwise x-times
- move motor counterclockwise
- move motor counterclockwise x-times

and the comunication between the board with buttons and the board witch controls the motors should be thin, cause the limits of passage way of the cable tunnel.

therefor I thought the best will be to analyze the button position on the board with set of 4 buttons (each with 4-pos.) and put a PIC on the board.

otherwise i will be forced to lead 20-conductor cable trough the passage, and there no space for such thick cable.

all this is to control the windows on car.

I have PC inside and want to make them fully controlable...

when the PC is turned off to control them via buttons and when is turned on to control them via PC.

the doors are dismounted, and I want to close them next week....

therefor I ask you how many-conductor cable will I need for the communication between the board. take on mind the positions of button and the number of buttons. The thinner the cable, the better for me...

Please awnser me the "X-conductor cable question" before I mount the door, cause I will be forced to dismount them again...

You have a PC running in your car?

Since you're looking for a custom controller why are you surprised no one has such a schematic handy? Do you expect someone to draw it up for you?

PS Car electronics can be tricky, lots of noise can cause problems with simple designs.

There is a car electronics buff called Aaron Cake, he might have some ideas.
https://www.aaroncake.net/
**broken link removed**
The Cakemobile

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…