question about ksb-m circuit breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

the brand name of the circuit breaker is KOTEN, rating is 240v ac, 60hz, plus it is saying Interrupting Capacity 1500a

i want to put my computer behind this breaker to isolate it from the rest of the appliances. is 1500a okay to use? i still use CRT monitor and the wattage of my PSU is 500-600W. will this trigger off if something went wrong?

thanks guys

You sort of have some apples and oranges there. What you would be concerned with is the rated current which depends on location but would typically be 6, 10, 15, 20 or 30 Amps in countries having 220 volts mains. Here in the US where we have 120 volt mains we see numbers like 10, 15, 20, 30 and 50 amps. All here nor there. The breakers for a simple explanation will trip at their rated current when it is exceeded.

The interrupt capacity is something else all together. The Interrupt Capacity of a circuit breaker is the maximum current a circuit breaker is rated to safely interrupt at a specific voltage. There is much more to it but matters not.

To know how easy your breaker will trip if something goes wrong you need to know the first numbers I mentioned and not the interrupt capacity. It is also important to know your mains voltage.

Ron

ron i may have to ask around about the rated current in our area, i'll make a couple of phone calls. but i know our mains voltage here is 220v. as soon i get the info i'll get back here, thanks a lot.

You want to know what your breaker is rated for, like how much current before it trips. For example we have 120 VAC here and my microwave is on a dedicated 20 amp kitchen breaker, the computer room has two dedicated 20 amp breakers. The house has 200 amp mains service.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…