Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aiva

I have an ADC with nonlinearity 0.0015% (AD7714) but want to get beter accuracy in measuring signal lower then 1/2 REF.

Whether the error of nonlinearity decreases at increase in factor of amplification of the entrance amplifier? Thanks

aiva said:
Whether the error of nonlinearity decreases at increase in factor of amplification of the entrance amplifier?

O, please, help me. I think yes, but i'm not sure
Or it is jast fullish quastion?

Look at your device's spec sheet. There should be info on how reducing Vref will affect the linearity and offset.

If the spec sheet doesn't say, then it's hard to draw any generalizations. Perhaps you could contact tech support for the mfg. I've done this many times with good results.

Amplify the input signal as the non-linearity is a function of the conversion, the bigger the input signal the less obvious the non-linearity.

Thanks all for the answer
Certainly it is necessary to contact the manufacturer. I should guess. Obviously it is the shortest way. Successes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back