Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on basic solder gun care

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this Xytronic 379 Temperature Controlled Soldering Station
"We are now shipping the Xytronic 379 with the
new updated stand, with the best Tip cleaner
we have ever sold, built into the stand."

My quesiton is...
Can I use this tip cleaner instead of a sponge?

I have been reading solder guides and watching youtube videos and cant find this answer. I have not turned on the station yet and this is because I am unsure about this. I want to take care of the tip.

I bought this Xytronic 379 Temperature Controlled Soldering Station
"We are now shipping the Xytronic 379 with the
new updated stand, with the best Tip cleaner
we have ever sold, built into the stand."

My quesiton is...
Can I use this tip cleaner instead of a sponge?

I have been reading solder guides and watching youtube videos and cant find this answer. I have not turned on the station yet and this is because I am unsure about this. I want to take care of the tip.

I used to use a cleaner like that on my cheap irons, but have been using a sponge with my new Weller....

The shiny brass colored cleaner didn't seem to scratch the tips on the old irons, but I don't want to take any chances with my new one, yet...

Why don't you just fire it up, and use a sponge until you know for sure?

Best tip cleaner: Sponge and water. Wet tip with solder before shutting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back