Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on BBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

I got the BBB connected to my PC, and I browsed into the BBB's web server that it is running.

There's a demonstration of code which I could edit and run.

See image.

I wonder, how does it work?

I'd like to burn my own code into the BBB, but i'm not sure how it's done.

Do you have an experience with writing your own code into the BBB?

Thank you.

BBB.png

At the risk of appearing thick, what is a "BBB" ?

I did try googling and got results for the Better Business Bureau and Binkies Beauty Blog amongst other things, but nothing which would obviously connect to a PC.

JimB

Hi NorthGuy,
Thank you.
I'll have to study it more to see how one opens terminal in it, when it is tethered to your PC through USB, and not standalone.

There is a mode "stand alone" where the BBB talks to a monitor and keyboard/mouse.
There is a USB/PC mode where the BBB looks like a thumb drive.
I have seen the BBB work like these.
I think there is a way where the BBB talks to a terminal. (or a PC with terminal software)
On the U-tubes the programmer is typing into a black window, with prompts, on his PC. How he gets to that point (???)

At the risk of appearing thick, what is a "BBB" ?

I did try googling and got results for the Better Business Bureau and Binkies Beauty Blog amongst other things, but nothing which would obviously connect to a PC.

JimB
In my job, "Before break bulk" (inspection carried out prior starting the discharge of cargo in a certain hold).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back