Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question on LM3477

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean it varies by 0.3V?

That capacitor should always be there for stability's sake.

What sort of PCB layout are you using?

It's often critical for switching regulators like this.

re:

i mean the voltage output when 12V provided is suppost to be 7.2V its 7.11-7.22-7.33 then back again to 7.11

here's my schematic

ee.JPG

The schematic is bigger than my house!
It is more than half a mega-byte.
I wonder why.

I tried making the schematic smaller but then the writing couldn't be seen.

I saved it, opened it with Windows Picture and FAX Viewer, rotated it 90 degrees, and it's perfectly readable. You can zoom and maintain resolution. Unfortunately, I still don't know why the circuit doesn't work as expected.

Poor/incorrect PCB layout?

Faulty componants?

Assembly errors, dry joints, bridging?

If you are running the part lightly loaded, it will switch to hysteretic mode, with high output ripple.

Hero999 said:
Poor/incorrect PCB layout?

Faulty componants?

Assembly errors, dry joints, bridging?

Most probably lay out and current paths. Great HERO999 !!!

raphaelriv said:
what do you mean loaded?
He means without anything connected to the output.

I'm not meaning to be nasty but is English not your first language? Perhaps you should fill your location in on your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back