Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on this Circuit Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

First of all greetings for 2009, I know its a bit late but this is my first post this year as it started with a car accident for me, so I've been off the scene for a bit.

Anyway down to business. I was going to build this circuit for charging batteries but I noticed it has a symbol for a battery AND a symbol for a load and now I'm confused!

Is one of these connections an error?

I would have thought that the battery symbol was the correct one to connect to the cells to be charged as it goes through the sense resistor but if so then what is the Load for? Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks for looking..............Al

Attachments

• 000b.JPG
    000b.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 185
The diagram is OK.

It just shows where to connect the load, so it is not falsely connected via Rsense.

Boncuk

Hi,

Yes i agree. The battery is shown there because that is where it should
be connected to charge it properly. The load on the other hand is connected
to a different place. Note that the load is the 'normal' circuit that normally
gets powered by the battery. This means the circuit can not only charge
the battery (when the circuit is powered) but can also drive the load at
the same time, and when power is removed the battery takes over to power
the load.

Thanks Guys :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, it has cleared up my puzzle!

Really good to get a clear explanation that means I can get on with the project straight away. :)

Thanks again..........Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back