Question Transformer I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrYu

how to connect supply in a transformer i want to output 12 and 5v and what kind of transformer i will used? and also components tnx

here's my simulation
i set the source to AC 220v with 60hz and i only get 11.2v in 7812 regulator

Last edited:
I can't tell what voltage the AC source is on the left, but there will be a 2 * diode drop in the bridge rectifier. This may not be leaving enough voltage for the regulator.

The bridge rectifier you have drawn does not match the one on the page I linked to. Take another look over it and move the top transformer lead to the correct place. You might like to visualise the output from the bridge rectifier before and after and see what changes.

hi how to test and connect the wires of a xmfr primary? which of the red wires will i used if i want an input of 220v or 110v tnx.

Last edited:
Please advise work frequency and input voltage and current/output current, then know how to select or design the transformer, if it is 50/60Hz, it is lower frequency and lamination transformer, select configuration depend on power.
If is more than 10K, it is high freqnency transformer, select ferrit core, which is power core,core size depend on power.

Your transformer does not have a voltage or current rating.
Your "bridge rectifier" is connected completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…