Questions about Serial port radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I'm just preparing a project but I think I've very small amount of information to start with.

The project I'm trying to design is like a radio modem. I want a device, similar to a fm radio, connected to computer's serial port. With a software that I can program, I can send information throught that radio transceiver to another radio transceiver. In the "receiver" part, the information is received by the hardware(radio) that is connected also to the serial port, and the software reads the data from the serial port and it's shown in the software.

I thought to do that thing using morse code to transmit data, but making some calculations that way I think it's extremely low.

So I want to hear opinions and ideas about how can I accomplish that.

**broken link removed**

Try looking up packet radio, it's been used by radio hams for decades - but probably does more than you're looking for?.

There's a few "instructable" type things ont he net where people are using those cheap 315/433MHz RF modules (you can get on ebay for a few dollars) to send data between two serial devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…