Quick IR Jammer question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

**broken link removed**

Ok, everytime I design a circuit with LEDs in parallel, i get scolded, and do understand why, so i am going to ask before i build this circuit;
Shouldn't the IR LEDS be in a series, instead of parallel?

Didn't you read the forum about that crappy circuit on the website it comes from? Nobody got it to work!
Its parts list was mixed up, but might be OK now.

LEDs are each different. If they are in parallel then the one with the lowest voltage hogs all the current and burns out, then the remaining LEDs operate at too high a current and they also burn out. If the current is lower then it doesn't matter as much, but the current must be very high in this project to cause jamming.

If the LEDs are in series then the battery voltage must be increased and the value of R5 must also be increased. Other parts values might also need to be changed.

It is much easier to just use a separate current-limiting resistor for each LED. 22 ohms x 3= 66 ohms so a 68 ohm resistor should be in series with each LED.

To heck with it. I couldn't get the freaking thing to work either.

I actually just bought a mockup of a "TV-B-GONE" on ebay for about $8.99 total. I can't wait for it to come.... I have some scores to settle with some teachers, and shopping trips will be interesting......

I think it's CASIO that now offers a wrist watch that doubles as a TV remote ctl. That'd be cool to go into a bar and annoy the patrons.... change the channel just as the wide receiver is catches the pass running for a goal!

That's bee around for years, we had some fun at school when someone brought in their watch and started turning the TV on in the middle of the lesson. The teacher thought it was a poltagiest or something.

HiTech said:
That'd be cool to go into a bar and annoy the patrons.... change the channel just as the wide receiver is catches the pass running for a goal!
That sounds dangerous.......

I have one of those watches. . . Had some fun with it too, just have to be careful not to let anyone know it's you

audioguru said:
Another function for American guns. For killing the annoying person.
No need for a gun... just drive up to the bar in an American pick-up truck, wearing a baseball hat backwards, order up a quality brew, (not LaBatt's!) and start changing channels. If a patron gets nasty over it, stand tall saying "sit your ass down before I knock you into next year".

Why do Americans like guns, beer in bars, pickup trucks, baseball caps and violence??

audioguru said:
Why do Americans like guns, beer in bars, pickup trucks, baseball caps and violence??

...I don't?

I'd prefer a quiet evening in a Chinese restaurant, with an appetizer of sushi and a delicious main course, followed by deep intellectual conversation and either coffee or tea.

That's just me, though...

And as for the IR jammer, why not try using a rotating matrix of mirrors to throw the IR everywhere?

audioguru said:
I don't know but maybe it stems from the days of old when guns were necessary to win the battles for freedom, settle the wild west, and harvest animals for food. As for beer, I'm hardly a beer drinker myself... prolly drink a total of 6 beers in a year.... if that! Baseball caps are ok but only when worn correctly, not backwards or sideways, IMHO. As for the propensity for violence, I get violent against pesty insects! But you are correct about American violence in general. Just yesterday the news had a story on two people shooting it out with each other near a school bus. Take away the guns and folks will substitute something else for killing weapons. Once again, guns don't kill, people kill. Change the mindset for the better and you end up with civility. Same principle can be applied towards Islamic extremists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…