Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quite a lame question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar.M

Hello,
This thing has been bugging me, hehe, and I really have no idea how to figure it out: so I turn to you guys. I ordered my breadboard online (very small, 800-something tie points) and it came. When I opened the package, there was the board (with yellow tape on the back so I could mount it) as well with the package, came a thin strip of metal. Just a silver, thin strip, exactly the size of the breadboard. Frankly, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Omar

Omar.M said:
Hello,
Frankly, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it. Any ideas?
Omar

You take it and stick it up.....:D :D :D

No, seriously, not a lame question at all.

I have had a few breadboards and never been supplied with anything like that.

When you say a strip of metal, is it the same size as the breadboard?
If it is, I can only assume that it is intended to be used as an earth plane under the board and connected to the 0v line of the circuit. A bit of a guess, but the best I can think of.

Anyone else got an idea?

JimB

That small / thin plating is to be peeled off and stuck to the bottom of the breadboard.

Otherwise, the breadboard goes fixed to a wooden or metalic board of your choice. If many of them together, duly interlocked.

After 15 years buying six small units, still have those unused small metallic things wandering around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back