Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydemon2008

Hi guys, i'm planning in making a simple radio system, which has the basic function of receiving radio signal from 88Mhz to 108Mhz. Can anyone share some receiver circuits to me? or any advices in making it will be highly appreciated...
thanks..

People don't make radios anymore so parts are not sold.

You could buy a cheap radio for $1.00 at The Dollar Store. Its sound quality is horrible and its reception is terrible. But it comes with batteries, headphones and a light.
Use its parts to make another one.

You could buy a good radio somewhere. Use its parts to make a radio that does not work (unless you know what you are doing).

You could make a super-regen "FM radio" like MstechCA did and years later it still doesn't work.

You could even buy a cheap radio, take it apart and use the components to build a better radio.

There are circuits out there - some simple, some not so simple, that will do what you want - maybe. You said 88 to 108 mHz but you didn't say FM, AM, SSB, digital, etc. Usually when someone mentions that band they mean FM. Note that FM broadcast deviation is different than for voice communications.

You could look to Ramsey electronics for kits. I know Ocean State Electronics, among others, sells educational kits that appear excellent for learning. I suppose you could get the schematic for those and start there. As others have already indicated, lowest cost approach might be to purchase the item - but that's only if what you can purchase is what you need.

You dont lissen this freaks you look on patrick cambre site and you will find
good small FM radio with FET transistor.I bild this and works fine.Also i bild
my own design with fet and with BF transistor types and works fine .
I send you latter my pics.
tesla

Patrick Cambre has a super-regen FM "radio".
It has only a single tuned circuit and only one transistor. It has an AM detector instead of an FM detector.

It is not as sensitive as a real radio.
It is not as selective as a real radio.
It overloads when a station is powerful because it doesn't have AGC like a real radio.

Audioguru has discover hot water
If you dont know this is one transistor
this stuff is for beginers in HF and
is for learn how radio works .
I dont know how ag old but is
full of yourself.
hmmm

And super regen is real FM and AM detector,
demodulator in this circuits is capacitor conected
on ground ,before capacitor is in many cases inductance
which reduce HF component in signal.
ok...

I am not full of anything!

Patrick Cambre's "Radio Shack Special" is a super-regen piece of junk with only one FET transistor and only one tuned circuit acting like an AM radio.
It is a horrible way to learn about radios.

Patrick explains that its AM detector picks up static interference. Real FM detectors and high gain limiting IF amplifiers do not pickup static interference.
It is tuned to the side of an FM station then its amplitude changes as the signal swings its frequency so it "slope-detects' the FM with its AM detector.

There are a few super-regen low-tech "radios" on the internet.

Patrick's website is down.. but the guy made a very nice FM stereo receiver with the TEA5711 (AM/FM stereo IC) and TDA7050 (Stereo amplifier).. I am trying to find a TEA5711 IC, the task has proven back breaking, as the IC is obsolete and very very hard to find! The TDA7050 is easier to find but does not sing by itself! This type of receiver is not for the beginner... Superregenerative FM circuits are best suited for communications, not for the FM broadcast band, as the quench oscillator beats with the 38khz component if the station is transmitting in stereo, and you will hear a nasty whistle almost no matter where you set the regeneration control.. if the station is mono, there will not be a beat whistle and reception is clear.. with voice communications such as the aviation band from 108-136 mhz, superregens are perfect.. they're as good to listen to police and VHF TV channels also.

Go to silabs.com
Select “Audio”
Look at “Download Broadcast Audio Solution Guide”.
Look for Si4702, Si4703, Si4704, Si4705,…..FM radio
Si4730/ 31/.…..AM/FM/short wave

I have a NDA with SiLabs so I cannot say much about these little radios but they will blow your mind. No coils! No capacitors!

Hi,

looking for something else, and i came across this.
Didn't expect them to be that good, but they are very good.
And theres a little transmitter, and a transceiver.

Doesn't mention how much they cost though.
Unless i missed it somewhere.

Took me ages to figure what this NDA might be,
i think its a Non Disclosure Agreement.

John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back