Radio Control (RF) On/Off Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

buurin

Anyone have a link to a schematic for a very baisc RF transmitter/reciever. All I need is on/off functionality, all schematics I have found allow for more control than what I need. The range only needs to be like 10-20 feet.

I just want to wirelessly control a small transistor which is powering a tiny motor.

I'd like to do this without any special IC..

Thanks
B

Last edited:
You haven't filled in your location, so I don't know where you're at.

My recommendation would be to purchase a "pocket racer" ... they're very small and cheap radio controlled cars, typically with a 1 or 2 channel RF remote, they're around $5.99 to $9.99 here in the US

just hack the car as needed to control whatever you've got.

Yeh I was thinking of finding a cheap toy... everything I've seen so far (locally) were > $20

Thanks for the suggestion.

In the U.S. I think the cheapest RF controlled device I can find is the ultra cheap RC car you can find in the bargain toy section of some drug stores. The range is pathetic but even a modest increase in voltage or a better antenna will make it useful.

Found this guy for $9.99 at walgreens...

**broken link removed**

Anyone else find anything even cheaper (besides online stores)?

I too bought a micro rc car and controller for less then $10, but now, I can't see myself destroying it. They are a lot of fun.

I suggest you buy a wireless door chime, the one with an L.E.D. (if you can find it).
Interface the led to your transistor.

I also interfaced a KEY FINDER.
It makes a sound and lights it's L.E.D when you whistle.
$1 at the reject shop.

My daughter asked if I could fix her new Keys Finder. It beeped whenever she talked and when the TV was on. It had a black blob for its custom IC and an LED. There was nothing I could do except cover it with tape. Then it wasn't so sensitive but then it couldn't be heard.

How about a RF remote power outlet! They sell them to control outside christmas lights from inside your house. You just plug it into an outlet, and plug the load into the socket on the reciever. The transmitter has two pushbutton switches for on and off. I got mine at walmart for something like 10-15$. Use it to supply a wallwart or something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…