radio control schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenskey

does anybody out there know of any radio control schematics for a transmitter and reciever i could use? ( not IR ), im trying to build a radio control car just for a hobby sort a thing, but finding it increasingly hard to come across useable circuits on google and other engines. anything that has forward, back, left, right, ETC.. or if you have some other circuits with more controls those could be useful aswell. thanks just send me something if you think it might be usefull.

It'd be cheapest just to buy an RC radio transmitter since they have all the sticks and interface done. Otherwise you can buy radio modules like the Zigbee and build them in.

Last edited:
As Dknguyen says, the joysticks would be relatively difficult/expensive to build alone. (dunno about zigbee, wireless mesh networking seems overkill ;-).

Another huge advantage of off the shelf is, the mutichannel recievers are incredably tiny, and interface directly with servo actuators. To do all the transmitting/recieving and servo control would be quite a project. Interesting though, depends if thats the part that you want to build, it would also cost FAR more than off the shelf. I think youll find the mechanical building of the car woud be satisfying in itself.

As an aside, I built a remote control car-on-a-track with a videocam fitted on it in my music studio, using a butchered RC car ( well 2 actually, choped in half and the 2 drive ends bolted together for more power), on a track running near the cieling. Servos controlled the cam pan/tilt, and were contolled via the controller outside the studio with a video monitor (there was also a video RF transmitter on the car). The resulting video is here YouTube - Low Profile

Video was taken slow/fast, rwd/rev and some handheld and edited in premier 6. The videocam stability feature came in handy ;-). (Im playing bass).

Corny, but shows what can be done with toys on a $2 budget the pros pay megabucks for with pro gear (if thats even possible in a tiny performance space).

A Cocacola exec saw this, and wanted to talk more about use in an add, but ofcourse it didnt come to anything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…