Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RadioShack Electronic Learning Lab Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

madapan

Hi I have an Electronic Learning Lab from RadioShack and I was wondering if anyone had any new and cool ideas using only the parts that were included.:)

I have one, too. I just started collecting misc parts that i found and just included them in with my lab. Now i have one large drawer full of electronics, one cabinet, a basement, and even my small shed filled with piles of misc boards and components. It is awesome... :D

Anyways, your problem. :) umm, well, i didn't find anything too interesting to build, so no. If you use your imagination i am sure you could make a, umm, yeah; nothing. :D

Have you really gone through all the projects in those two workbooks? The first one looks like excerpts from a lot of his "notebook's" line, so if you want more stuff of that sort, I think there are some thoroughly copyright infringing copies on the web if you poke around.

If you ask around this site though, you'll probably get a lot of suggestions to try out microcontrollers/software stuff. Analog and discrete electronics is the fundamental level of knowledge - without it you'll be constantly stumbling, but there are some pretty hard limitations to what you can do without software. Once you throw in some programmable device, you can do a lot more.

It's pretty complete as far as a basic analog 'cookbook' goes. Add more digital logic, or a micro controller, and your possibilities open exponetially.

Does anybody have parts list for Radio Shack's "Electronic Learning Lab"?

We just got a "gift" of Radio Shack's "Electronic Learning Lab" without any components.
I tried to collect a list of parts from the Design books enclosed but rather prefer a detailed parts list as the Design books do not specify things like ¼ watt 10K resistor, or type of Zener Diode etc...

Tnx in advance,
TexMax

We just got a "gift" of Radio Shack's "Electronic Learning Lab" without any components.
I tried to collect a list of parts from the Design books enclosed but rather prefer a detailed parts list as the Design books do not specify things like ¼ watt 10K resistor, or type of Zener Diode etc...

Tnx in advance,
TexMax

here is what is listed (came with as well) in my lab that I have purchased May of 2010.

all resisters are of the 1/4 watt plus/minus 5% carbon film( I wish it would have been 1/2 watt becouse they handle being removed and place on the breadboard better ( stronger leads )) plus I use uero ver of value ie 4K7 instead of 4.7 becouse the . can be hard to see some times or even disapear in print. Also this will be the lay out #X-value ie 5X-500 = five of the 500ohm resisters...

2X-100, 8X-470, 12X-1K0, 2X-1K5, 2X-2K2, 2X-3K3, 5X-4K7, 2X-5K6, 2X-6K8, 2X-8K2, 2X-9K1, 8X-10K, 2X-22K, 2X-33K, 4X-47K, 2X-68K, 5X-100K, 2X-330K, 3X-470K, 3X-1M, 3X-10M

Capacitors are as follows... simular to resisters #x-value = 2x-0uf47 = two 0.47 uf caps. pf= pica farads and uf= micro farads ( for those new or missing there books as well )

ceramic.... 1x-33pf, 2x-470pf, 3x-0uf001, 2x-0uf0047, 5x-0uf01, 2x-0uf047, 3x-0uf1 ...... electrolytic.... 2x-0uf47, 2x-1uf, 2x-4uf7, 2x-10uf, 2x-100uf, 1x-470uf

4x silicone diodes of the 1N4148 type
1x 5 volt zener diode ( sorry cant read the model# on the item as my vision is very bad )
1x green and 1x red gen use LEDs
2x NPN transistors (9014) 2x PNP transistors (9015)
2x power MOSFET (B J14 IRF 630B)

Intergrated circuits (IC's ) ( most of theIC's are of CMOS family so extream caution of static electricity is needed on use and storage )(I did not use full part number as they varry from manufacture just gave the main part# ie exclusive-or gate (4070) = CD4070BE made by Ti.)

1x quad op amplifier (324)
2x cmos quad 2-input Nand gate (4011)
2x cmos quad 2-input Nor gate (4001)
1x dual-D flip-flop (4013)
1x decade counter/decoder (4017)
1x phase-locked loop (4046)
1x hex inverting buffer (4049)
1x quad bilateral switch (4066)
1x cmos 4 bit presettable up/down counter (4029)
1x BCD to 7 segment decoder (4511)
1x exclusive-or gate (4070)
1x dual op amp (272)
1x power amp (386)
1x quad comparator (339)
2x timmer (555)
1x 5 volt regulator (7805)

1 ceramic earphone

wire list as follows are of 26 gage solid core UL1007 ( does not mean any thing of vaule to me but it was on the packaging )
40x 5cm long, white
20x 10cm long, red
10x 20cm long, blue
5x 30cm long, yellow
1x 24.5cm long, half bare and half red insulated

Hope this helps you....

KC7WZL

I love my Electronics Learning Lab. I got two of them at a yard sale for $1.00 each. There are lots of things you can do with one. Go to library get electronics for dummies there are some fun projects in that book. Also try this site for fun and learning. Electronics Projects
You can also download the second book for the lab from RadioShack.com for free Electronics Learning Lab - RadioShack.com! Do a search on google for projects there lots out there and its all free.

Hope this helps

I will be scanning in the 300-in-one kit to a PDF file.
I only will offer this to people who own the kit. I could sent you one
over email if interested.

To the topic, I think we can come up with new circuits for new
projects. I've always wanted to build a voice scrambler, a sound effects
generator (FUNNY STORY) one time, in college basic electronics, we were
wiring up many chips for a project. I got done early, and added like about
three extra chips into the existing sound effect circuit, and had these potentiometers
(THREE) controlling different things. I made the circuit recreate the PAC MAN MUNCH sound exactly, and a couple people liked it so much - we stayed after class, and they made copies on their breadboards, then we wrote up a schematic of it.
It was awesome.
If anyone is hardcore into circuits , leave a post. Rob.

Hi all, sad to see no-one else posting in here. There is a new
project kit out called a THAMES & KOSMOS ELECTRONICS WORKSHOP 1/2
the version 2 costs 200$ (wow) I want to see their manual, but it is kind of
breadboardy- and I dont like that. I dont much the 300-in-1 as it
also uses a breadboard. I have my favorite- a 200-in-one, which I
modified by taking out the 16PIN ic - 7476 and the 14PIN IC 7400, and
put in place chip sockets. (Its the coolest thing,) because now I
can plug in the chips from the 300-in-1 and make the circuits with
The wire clips, so much faster. And it is easier to remove the wires.

Anyway- true to the topic, I have a circuit today that I will post,
on the grounds that someone else post one in the next week also.

I have others, and as more people post, I will do same.

It is a MOD- of the CDS controlled sound-maker, and a
vibrate circuit from another project, making it into THE
JETSON JALLOPY sound. YES - you gueesed it- it is the exact
replica off the sound of Georges car..

Check it out and have fun.... Its something you should do
with electronics...

Check you later.
**broken link removed**

I would like to see some changes, mods to the projects in the
Maxitronix 500-in-1 lab. Lets get this thread re-vitalized...

I will be scanning in the 300-in-one kit to a PDF file.
I only will offer this to people who own the kit. I could sent you one
over email if interested.

To the topic, I think we can come up with new circuits for new
projects. I've always wanted to build a voice scrambler, a sound effects
generator (FUNNY STORY) one time, in college basic electronics, we were
wiring up many chips for a project. I got done early, and added like about
three extra chips into the existing sound effect circuit, and had these potentiometers
(THREE) controlling different things. I made the circuit recreate the PAC MAN MUNCH sound exactly, and a couple people liked it so much - we stayed after class, and they made copies on their breadboards, then we wrote up a schematic of it.
It was awesome.
If anyone is hardcore into circuits , leave a post. Rob.

I have this kit, and of course, I'm missing the manual. I want to give it to my niece who has an Elenco snap circuit kit and expressing a huge interest in electronics. Back in the early 80s I had the 30 in 1, the 160 in 1 (had a wood frame instead of the usual plastic), and the Crystal Radio kits. If you somehow get this msg, and you have the 300 in 1 manual scanned, I would appreciate a copy (my niece would too!).

I've already tried the Radio Shack site (the legacy support page), and although the 300 in 1 kit is listed, the manual is not available there. I know you said you would only provide the pdf to those who already own the kit, I can send pics of it if you require.

Thank you for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back