Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Railway-Crossing Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifilee

The intersection junction of a railway and a road. The flashing light and warning bell are to be turned on when a train enters either from Area 1 or Area 3; and turn off when a train leaves the intersection. The flashing light and warning bell will turn on for 5 seconds and 3 seconds respectively when the train is in Area 1 or Area 3. Three signals P1, P2 and P3 are generated when a train is in Area 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

Hints:

(a) Your circuit should have 5 outputs, 3 signals for Area 1, Area 2 and Area 3. Use LEDs to simulate as outputs.
(b) The railway-crossing indicator has 4 states: No train approaching, Train approaching, Train at intersection junction and Train left the intersection junction.
(c) Use counters to keep track of time for the flashing light and warning bell signals.
(d) Use LEDs to simulate P1, P2 and P3 signals.
(e) Use switches to simulate the presence of train in respective area.

Who know it ? Can give me some information?

I guess this is a thread fitting better for: homework assignments

The intersection junction of a railway and a road. The flashing light and warning bell are to be turned on when a train enters either from Area 1 or Area 3; and turn off when a train leaves the intersection. The flashing light and warning bell will turn on for 5 seconds and 3 seconds respectively when the train is in Area 1 or Area 3. Three signals P1, P2 and P3 are generated when a train is in Area 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

Hints:

(a) Your circuit should have 5 outputs, 3 signals for Area 1, Area 2 and Area 3. Use LEDs to simulate as outputs.
(b) The railway-crossing indicator has 4 states: No train approaching, Train approaching, Train at intersection junction and Train left the intersection junction.
(c) Use counters to keep track of time for the flashing light and warning bell signals.
(d) Use LEDs to simulate P1, P2 and P3 signals.
(e) Use switches to simulate the presence of train in respective area.

Who know it ? Can give me some information?

hi, would you get answer already??

We are here to help you develop the answer, not necessarily give you the answer.

The first thing is to draw a flow diagram of the various states of the system and the flow from one state to the other. From that you can determine a state-machine configuration and the components needed that will perform the task.

We are here to help you develop the answer, not necessarily give you the answer.

The first thing is to draw a flow diagram of the various states of the system and the flow from one state to the other. From that you can determine a state-machine configuration and the components needed that will perform the task.

i was determined the state machine d,but finally my answer donno correct or wrong.i post my state diagram and all results to u ,please help me check and see,if got something wrong ,please teach me.thank you.

Here is my results ,please check and see,thank you.Here not necessarily correct.

Attachments

• State table.doc
    138 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back