Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rat Catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

samarsingla

hi all,
does any one have any idea how to make a good rat catcher by using some technique similar to that used in a flycatcher, i have a farm and rats are a great problem there and they stop coming to cages after some days...
any comments welcome.
thanx

Aren't you being presumptuious assuming his male and good looking? :D

I didn't understand a word of that.

samarsingla said:
here the attraction is food only. are rats attracted to something else?

You put food as bait inside the trap ( linked above ) and the device makes it their last meal. It delivers a high voltage discharge to the rats body.

Hero999 was almost right. Cat, not Rat... I have a good looking male cat that I bet would solve his problem.

R Rock. I think he wants less rats.. I might be wrong.

And if no one tells my wife, I will ship my cat here in the US only, overnight.. I have to start a new thread on how to put a cat to sleep for 24 hours. :)
(joking).

I think in the old days (or where there is not a lot of City around you today), cats like mine, would sit on a fence, walk around (and probably when I was not looking take care of them). He likes to bring the snakes to the house and leave them at the door. So again I might be wrong.

Serious part:
Not sure of your environment. But high voltage in a small box with pet food might do it..

Hero999: I went to ebonics.com and got nothing, then found a i-am-a-kewl-kid.com translator and came back with this. (fake URLs)

<< oh that wud be grt but catching rats is still thr
>> Oh that would be fantastic but cathing rats is still **thr=ERROR**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back