RC Car / PC Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezyn

Hi, I'm new here and to electronics in general - so go easy !

For the past few months I've been wanting to interface my remote control car with my PC. I've found another project similar and he makes the schematic look pretty damn easy. The only problem is - I don't have a parrallel port.

**broken link removed**.

The controller is the same as used in this project:

**broken link removed**
https://www.drivemeinsane.com/howtos/rccar/rccar.shtml?theme=0

Connecting common and forward / back completes the circut and allows the car to move. So i'm looking for a Non-Parrallel way of doing this.

I've looked at: **broken link removed** And wondered if it would be any use to me. I was just caught by the "Digital/Analogue output"

So my questions:
Can it be done?
Can I use this board above?
Are there any alternatives?

Any help would be appreciated!

I don't know the functionalities of the USB K8055 kit but I can tell you that the serial RS232 K8056 kit will do the job for less $$
I use a K8056 with RF remote control to turn my garden lights on and off.

Another possibilty is to find a program that controls the RS232 lines of a serial port (can't be hard to find) and use the original "Bowman" electronics on the RS232 port instead of the parallel port for much less $$$$

Thanks, can anyone supply any other info? Either on how I would do this serial or a usb alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…