rc car schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure that will work nicely for a basic RC car. The only component values that aren't specified for a practical design are the h-bridge's that drive the motor's for that just pick yourself up a couple full h-bridge IC's.

It will not work "nicely" because its functions are extremely simple.
It cannot steer because it goes fairly straight or turns fully left or fully right.
It has no speed control, it goes at maximum speed or stops.

A nice radio controlled car has proportional steering and has speed control.

AG, once again your negativity, astounds me; You would be surprised how much control you have with even those basic controls, I've had plenty of cheap toys that work the same way and they perform just fine if you simply feather the controls, it's quiet simple, and the cost of those chips and components is FAR bellow more advanced RC equipment. If you use a micro controller as an interface you can even transmit binary data in 4 bit packets with the 5th as a strobe.

"Negativity"?
The extremely simple on-off radio control circuit is used in cheap toys for little kids. The circuit is known as "bang-bang".
Isn't the student making an RC car for UNIVERSITY? The question was, "Would it work well?" No it won't.

My radio control model airplanes use digital proportional controls (a form of pulse-width-modulation driving the speed controller and driving the servos) so that THEY WORK WELL.

You don't know his needs are AG and you're commenting as if you do.

University work or not, for a basic RC functions that chipset will work fine. If he needs the functionality of a proportional RC system he didn't state it so your suggestion of the superiority of it for his application is not justifiable because you do not know what the application is.

If he needs proportional control this chipset will not provide it so it would be his fault for not properly specifying the conditions he needs to meet. "University work" is not a functional specification we have no clue what is true needs are and to comment otherwise is detrimental to learning.

Last edited:
Maybe in university he is only learning how to follow a very simple schematic and solder wires together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…