RC Network Current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwame

Hi there. This is kwame, aka 'engineer #1',up to some mischief again -Just kidding. I am having a hard time solving this assignments and need your help:
Q1.A 10ohm resistor is connected in series to a coil of 100mH(milliHenry).Calculate the current when 6v dry cell is connected.
Q2.A 10ohm resistor is serially connected to a capacitor .Calculate the current that will be present when 6v dry cell is connected?

Kwame
Ghana

Last edited:
Show us your work so far. What equations are you using to solve this? What answer have you come up with?

ak

If the battery actually produces 6V continuously when it is loaded then you must guess (?) if a coil or a capacitor passes the DC current from the battery.
You also must ask your teacher if the current is the moment the battery is connected or a little while later and what is the resistance of the coil.

You should know the answer to both questions without doing any calculations. But if you don't then calculate the reactance of the capacitor and inductor for F=0

Les.

This is actually a new class and the lecturer simply made an intro . The college lecturer simply touched on the topics to be covered during the six month program. After, he gave the assignment. The question originally was
.....'when it is connected to six volt'.So i queried whether it was a 6v dry cell. He stated,lets assume it is a dry cell.

For both circuits there is a transient condition that settles down into a steady-state condition. A complete answer describes both.

ak

Hi AnalogKid,
I had not read the questions as carefully as you. From my first reading of them I would have given the wrong answers.
Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…