Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA TV worth trying to repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

My kids have a 23 or 25" RCA type. Low cost unit.

It stopped showing color. All is in black and white. The menus and the channel number in the corner are all in color, so I guess they are added in.

I am using CATV input. So the problem I am guess could be in that module there? I know a few of you guess are master TV guys.

Thanks. I can get the model number if needed. I would also say it is maybe 5-7 years old.

Perhaps the colour burst crystal is bad? It's dirt cheap to replace even if it's still okay.

Thanks for the ideas.

Color burst should not be hard to find and I have some real old one somewhere.. Will check the RCA repair list as well.

And I did check color control. Tried changing the presets. It is something actually broken.

(Maybe I read the question wrong, but...)

Does the TV pick up over-the-air signals in color or black and white? Are you using component cables to route the video signal to the box? Could just be a bad cable or connection.

Just thought I would state the simple. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back