RCD over rated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on who you listen too i guess apparently 1 amp is nothing to worry about, but then don''t quote me (that's if your still around to do so)
what concerned me was the false sense of security you can be led into by seeing an RCD but not realising that really with a 100mA model your as safe as without it

You could just fit a 30mA RCD on the whole thing and enjoy resetting it every time an incandescant bulb blows

As already mentioned, a bulb blowing woin't take out an RCD, it's not an earth fault - it may well take out an MCB if fitted though.

Thunderchild - if the property was rewired in 1987 it may well be fully up to the requirements from 23 years ago?.

well the new distribution box with the 100mA RCD in it was not put in in 1987, I think the original fuse box that is just sitting there unconnected was what was originally there, its just all been rewired through the new box, I think after a quick glance round that the only other modifications "the bodger" made was to put dimmer switches in (on energy saving bulbs - yea clever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…