Rct-433as

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremeads1

i see a transmitter RCT-433 AS always used in projects as a transmission device.i want to do a manually controlled car using microcontroller and this transmitter , i wish that that when i press the forward button the car will move forward and when i press the left,reverse,right buttons the car will move so respectively. so can these forward/reverse or left/right signals be transmitted using this module ? MOrever i'm going to add some circuits on the car like metal detector,heat detector and distance detector so when i will request these functions to the TXMCU would these signals along with the car control signals be transmitted to the car RXMCU.and if it is possible the result of the requests should again be transmitted by the CAR RXMCU to the TX MCU.does this form a duplex system or what ? and is it posible to achieve it ?

You should have no problem making a R/C car with a simple transmitter/receiver pair (I'm not sure what the corresponding receiver is to the transmitter you mentioned).

The only difficulty with using that chip for your project would be that if you want to transmit data back from the car to the remote (I assume thats what you want to do with the metal/heat/distance detectors), you would need a second transmitter/receiver pair.

If you want to have bi-directional communication, I'd recommend trying to find a transceiver module like the nRF2401. (ie: https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=151).

I've followed a couple of your other threads (ie, the crane), and one thing that I think you dont understand is that just about anything is possible when designing an electronic system. You dont need to come on to the forum and ask if its possible to make a crane, or if its possible to make an R/C car.

You just need to sit down with pen and paper and draw out what you want. Once you know what you want, you can start identifying actual components that you will need to make it. So for instance with your R/C car, you'll need two micro's, one for the remote and one for the car. You'll need two transcievers (there are many options for this, you could also look into Xbee if you like). You'll need a motor for the car that you can control the speed of digitally, so you'll have to look for a motor driver that suits your needs. You'll also need a servo to control the steering. Also, don't neglect the actual mechanics of the car itself, for this i'd recommend buying a motorized toy car and gutting it (if you do this, you may even be able to keep the motors for your application). You'll also need to think about the power supply for the car (the remote doesn't really matter as much). You'll probably want to get some kind of rechargable battery pack like whats in most R/C cars, so you may also want to look for a charge controller for recharging it. When selecting your battery, take into account the voltage and amp hours.

Once you've selected the components you want to use for the remote and car, its time to start coming up with your actual schematics. Start hooking together all the parts you've selected and adding in any support circuitry. Be careful to make sure that you follow the datasheets for all the parts you've selected (especially with things like current and voltage limits). If you run into something that you forgot about, go back to the component selection phase and fill in the missing pieces until you've got something you're happy with.

People on this forum (or any forum) won't do your thinking and planning for you, especially if it's for a school project. You need to come do some work up front before you can expect people to be able to help you. Come up with a specific problem or question. Also, it helps if you tell people what you've already tried and what your plan was. When you have your schematics done, you can post those and request suggestions.

Last edited:
The RCT-433 is a AM data transmitter, it has a single data input. Commonly you'd send a manchester encoded or similar data stream through it and decode it at the other side. Very similar to how a TV remote works.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…