Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re tune a current sensing-limiter in ATX power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinfx

Hi,

I have a ATX power with kia494p IC. ( This IC is like TL494) and I need to reconfig the cirrent limiter or short-circuit protection to upper ampers.So how can I do this guys?

Need a schematic. The '494 has 2 independent error amps, one is generally used for voltage sensing and the other for current. What you want to do is find the one used for current, and look for a way to change the ratio of the resistances involved. Could be as simple as going from a .02Ω current-sensing resistor to .015Ω.

I have checked my power circuit , but the 16 pin of kia494 is conected to GND!!! So who turn off my power :D how could!!!!

Last edited:
I made it!

My smps is made for voltage-mode feedback and with pin 4 puls shoutdown is sent when the -12v and -5v decrease down to -14v !

So I could increase current limite by change R29 to achieve this purpose.But I had same problem when the load was capacitive. This problem resolved by adding a 100uf capacitor between base and emitter of T6. :D

Attachments

• s_atx01y.png
    s_atx01y.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,653
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back