Reading a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrousa

Hello Dear,

Is there anyone can help me read the attached circuit which I measured from a board.

Thanks in advance!

Yang

Attachments

• Circuit Drawing.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 220
It is difficult to tell without knowing what IC006 is. Looks like some sort of interface circuit, but the diodes will clamp their anode voltage to 0.6V, which is a little confusing.

Looks like a LonWorks Industrial control chip number on the cypress card. So i'd guess some kind of control module.
As for the wonky collection of chips and parts in the middle, Maybe its some kind of Forced perfect termination, or input protection , or level adjustment, but it sure doesn't look like any of those to me. Maybe a picture would help?

Appreciate you guys feedback!

The circuits are drawn by measuring the real boards which one has Cypress chip and the other has NXP chip. A picture will not show anything beyond. But if you want to know any dedicated stuff on the board, I will be happy to take...

By what I have known, the provided RC circuits are for a communication path located between two processors (Cypress's Neuron Chip Network Processor and NXP's microcontroller). The NXP side is UART interface and the Cypress side is so called 5-pin communications port which supports direct connect and
network transceiver interfaces. I am not familiar with the Cypress interface so I don't know why that RC circuits are built between the chips? And why a 8-pin chip (only marked with 006) is present here?

Hope I can have some clues to understand more.

Yang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…