Reading specifications of electrical componets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo whats up peoples. Happy new year !

So I be taking out some random stuff from old hardware and I have been finding some capacitors , SCRs and all those kinds of electrical things and I am having heaps of trouble finding out their specifications.

I have tried typing in numbers and letter that were included on their covers and all I got was data sheet websites that do not even tell me much about the component.

Does anyone know a website or anything that could inform me on how to read about the ratings.etc for electrical components?

[e.g I be finding an electrolyte capacitor saying it be 50V ,1 uf which is clear to understand but than I find a SCR and It be like Toshiba K2611 (1H)]

When in doubt I type the digits only into google and see what gives.. Then add the wording of what I think the package is and then what I think it could be.....

The part number is... 2SK2611 N type fet...

Yo whats up also 1234

As Ian said probably a 2SK2611 FET. Bring it on man
Cant wait to see what Component you have next that needs identifying

Regards and Yo,
tvtech

Yo whats up peoples. Happy new year !
Reciprocal felicitations to you.

So I be taking out some random stuff from old hardware and I have been finding some capacitors , SCRs and all those kinds of electrical things
That is a good way of building experience.
and I am having heaps of trouble finding out their specifications.
You need more experience.

I have tried typing in numbers and letter that were included on their covers and all I got was data sheet websites that do not even tell me much about the component.
When you have found the site, you need to open the datasheet or download it to your PC.
Admittedly the "data" on some sites is a bit lacking and can be restricted to just one line of figures for each device, but if that is all the data they have, then that is it.

Does anyone know a website or anything that could inform me on how to read about the ratings.etc for electrical components?
I think that your problem may be due to lack of knowledge of electrical theory and experience of practical components.
Unfortunately I do not have an instant "knowledge injection" for you, it is just a matter of building your knowledge as you go along.

JimB

Reciprocal felicitations to you.
QUOTE]

Wow...that's huge...

Heck, I hate it when this happens....I tried to quote Jim and I made a mistake doing it.
Anyway, "Reciprocal felicitations" are new words to me. I have lot's of words to learn still.

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
This is another one that is an art form.
You must be crafty when googleing part numbers.
Some times the 1st few letters are manufacturers.
Many parts are made be more then on manufacturer.
There is no one stop shop for part numbers.
After you do it a few times you start to get the hang of it.

Hiya 4pyros

I would really like you to PM me your FB address/page so I can check out all the stuff you get up to. I am not much of a Social Media person...but hey I am slowly learning..and I mean SLOOWLY.

Regards,
tv

Hiya 4pyros

I would really like you to PM me your FB address/page so I can check out all the stuff you get up to. I am not much of a Social Media person...but hey I am slowly learning..and I mean SLOOWLY.

Regards,
tv
PM sent I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…