Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading the code on a crystal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

I have found a crystal oscillator lying around, but I have no idea of its resonant frequency. There are some coding on the oscillator reading "S661", as shown in the figure, but I have no idea of how to read that code. It would be great to hear some tips. Thanks. Btw, I am having a hard time finding a guide of reading such code on the internet.
**broken link removed**

That type of code was probably a manufactor specific marking, without knowing the maker there's not much of a chance of you decoding it, most crystals have their actual frequency printed directly on them. Only way to tell it's frequency is to build an oscilator with it and find out what it starts up at.

Based on size, most likely a 32.768 kHz watch crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back