Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real time freq correction problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco101

Hi All

Hopefully some bright spark can assist me with the following problem.

I’m looking for a simple method to perform a real time frequency shift to correct an electronic speedo.

The sensor outputs a 12v square wave signal to the speedo

I looking for an adjustable range of around +/-12% with a resolution down to .001%, this will allow me to experiment with various gear ratios.

Commercial products are available for $100-$200, like Yellow Box or Speedo Healer but I was hoping to avoid the cost and I enjoy building projects.

Any suggestions or cct diag ideas would be much appreciated.

I am also building a shift light, fairly simple overspeed cct using a latching freq to volt converter. And a gear position sensor for which I’m thinking of modifying an expanded scale led volt meter (my bike has a gear position sensor for the fuel computer) to drive an LCD display. A little rough but it may work.

I don’t usually use this type of forum as I don’t have much to contribute in return (guilt) but hopefully someone can assist.

Cheers
Ross :D

Rosco101 said:
Hi All

I’m looking for a simple method to perform a real time frequency shift to correct an electronic speedo.

The sensor outputs a 12v square wave signal to the speedo

I looking for an adjustable range of around +/-12% with a resolution down to .001%, this will allow me to experiment with various gear ratios.

Ross :D

The only solution I can think of is to use a frequency-to-voltage conversion and voltage-to-frequency. ICs are available.

The only solution I can think of is to use a frequency-to-voltage conversion and voltage-to-frequency. ICs are available.[/quote]

Not a bad idea at all!

Using DIP switches to add or subtract various resistors in between the two
converters might just be the ticket.

Thanks
Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back