Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Really need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosmonk

Im really into paintball and I need a way to grap some woodsball footage. I was thinking about making an audio/video recorder built into my hopper and have it either be wireless with rechargable batteriesc and a pocket-sized receiver/recorder with tons of memory and an lcd screen for viewing, or wired with rechargable batteries and tons of memory and maybe a small lcd screen for viewing. and i need another one to moun on my mask with the same specs.

everything needs to be waterproof and under 300 apiece

i'd really apreciate tha help

You might get more help if you drop the paintball jargon and rewite your question so we have some idea what your talking about.

You're talking lots of money to accomplish what you desire. And chances are great that it will fail while trying to run, duck, and cover during your paramilitary play. Just join the Army and you can then play with the real stuff.

From that **broken link removed** to this **broken link removed**

Hopper= equivelant of a ammo cartridge. I think you would break the LCD screen personally. Are you trying to record your game? or look around corners with your gun? Because you don't need an LCD to record your game- you should be too busy playing. If you want to see around corners, ever heard of mirrors? Good old mirrors. I'f be more concerned about mechanical shock than waterproofing right now- that's fairly easy, stick it in a bag.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much an expert at this.
Best option by far is a color bullet cam with 480 TVL or higher, with an external mike, fed into a miniDV camcorder that has a "video in" port. You want to get a large fanny pack, pad the camcorder with a lot of closed cell foam like Funnoodle, and turn the pack so the camera is in the small of your back. You need a 9v battery for the camera and its mikes though.

Put the bullet camera on a headband. There is a type of headband used to hold a flashlight that will do very nicely though you will need to do some adjustment as it points the camera way too high. The headband mount is essential. Put it on a gun and the camera bobs everywhere and the footage causes major motion sickness and has few usable frames. The head, on the other hand, natually has very effective stabilizing effects. You can learn to hold your head a bit differently as you walk and scan back and forth with your eyes while keeping the head cam on one target for a moment.

There is also a small memory-card driven digital bullet camera. Customer reviews and footage examples show it's not nearly as good a quality. Somewhat disappointing, actally.

chaosmonk said:
with tons of memory

Wow this reminds me of a PC World advert.... massive graphics and really super fast processors....mmmmmmmm!:rolleyes:

I wanna see the footage where he gets eliminated from a paintball IED, gets stripped of his hi-tech gear by the enemy, is then hog tied and mouth bound, lying on the ground amongst fireants, slugs, and chiggers with nightfall underway.

That's to be expected if he's going to be a Peed On Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back