Recharged batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

Sorry for this newbie question... This is my first time to deal with recharged batteries. I need to use a battery that keeps charged for more time. What battery should I use? the one with larger Ah or the one with the less?

How can I calculate the time that a battery will take before the need for a second recharging?

I need to use a battery that keeps charged for more time. What battery should I use? the one with larger Ah or the one with the less?

How can I calculate the time that a battery will take before the need for a second recharging?

yes a battery with high capacity (Ah) will last longer.

To determine the time a battery will take before it needs to be recharged, can be complicated. You need to know the discharge current. Batteries are rated in AH. (amp/hours), or mAH(milliamp/hours) and they have a discharge rate. Lead-acid are 20 hour rate, Ni-Cad and NiMh are 5 hour rate. Over time with charging and discarging the actual capacity of the battery decreases and the time comes when the battery cannot be recharged. The easiest solution is choose a battery that has excess capacity to your needs and use a monitoring circuit to disconnect the load at discharge/and or start an automatic charger when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…