Recommendation For A Wireless Outdoor Video Camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Hi all,

I'm curious if someone can recommend a good outdoor wireless video camera that would be fairly easy to attached to a RC car or any type of vehicle for that matter?

I would like to be able to view what the camera is viewing in live time by hooking up a receiver to my computer or a TV. I've seen some cheap ones on eBay, however, I'm not sure how great the video quality is.

Thanks!

Most of the small ones have a vary limited range. To get good range and quality it would need to be bigger and use more power, maybe to much for an RC.
There are always trade offs. Andy

For the better part as to economical most are about the same. For example SparkFun sells one of these units for about $80 USD. They also give a link to this video where the camera was fixed to a model helicopter. One big problem apparent in the video is camera shake. When a camera like this is mounted in things like RC cars, planes and whatever that moves they shake. So mounting is a consideration. Things to consider is trying to find the power out and the LUX ratings, however, from what I have seen most are about the same. The overall quality is a matter of cost. You can get cool and your own transmitter system but short of spending more bucks what you see is pretty much what you get. What you get revolves around cost.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…