Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommendations for a USB adapter / switch?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste.b

Due to the fact that my ageing laptop lacks high-tech hardware components I have been forced to make minor external upgrades in areas such as a wireless adapter for the internet, a bluetooth dongle, an external hard drive, a mouse and the usual printer / scanner / digital camera and iPod connections! All this, together with the fact that one of the two usb ports on my computer is knackered has meant I needed to buy a hub which would allow multiple devices to be connected through the one USB switch <- Almost identical to the one shown here.

Now, I bought it brand new and I am experiencing a problem never experienced until I plugged this in to my laptop. As soon as I have more than one application running (for example if I am browsing the web and I ask to burn a CD or play music) then my computer will just switch off. Before it does this I can hear the fan go crazy and it sounds like its overheating. Could it be this is caused by my USB adapter (and I only think this because I never had the problem before?!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back