Record-breaking battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rodalco,
You forgot to see my curves of battery voltages.
The voltage from a 1.2V Ni-MH cell is higher than the voltage from a 1.5V alkaline cell for most of the time. They both have the same capacity to 0.8V but when the Ni-MH cell is still at 1.2V the alkaline cell has dropped to 0.9V.

Go to www.energizer.com and look at their detailed datasheets for all their batteries. They show Ah capacity and discharge rate under many different load conditions.

In practice NiMH cells don't drop as quickly alkalines (see the graph posted by audioguru) to the lower initial voltage isn't a problem.

I'm always suprised at those claims but facts are NEVER given.
What do you mean by 'facts'? Data sheets? Discharge curves? Just go to any manufacturer's (e.g. Energizer, Duracell, Sanyo) web site and click on technical info or engineering guide; they all have fairly detailed pdf data sheets.

Energizer's datasheets reveal that their more expensive "Titanium" alkaline battery cells have exactly the same spec's as their less expensive ones.

Their C and D Ni-MH cells have a little AA cell inside.

One day when I was at the store they had NIMHs in the clearance bin, the upc was messed up, I got 4 packs of 4 for 99 cent each, (Later found out they were 14.99 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…