Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recyclabe Garbage Can with Internet Access reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is rewarded? Recycling, or accessing the internet?

ITS like when you throw in a trash you will receive an internet access as an incentive. i am promoting recycling here. the internet is more like motivational purposes only. plus it needs a sensor for plastic, paper and tin cans.

For non-techies, internet access is more likely to be a disincentive !

Last edited:
OK, taking a risk here and taking you seriously. So your input is a sensor of some kind (no idea how this would work in real life) that can detect when something recyclable gets put into a container. The output is some measure of internet access given to the person who put the recyclables in the container. Do I have that right?

OK, so here are some challenges:

1. How do you distinguish something recyclable (can, bottle, paper, etc.) from garbage? What if they toss a banana peel into the can?
2. How do you give the internet-access credit to the person? Obviously you need some kind of user interface here. Does the person log into a page on the computer, give their email address or something?

You already have this thread for a waveguide trainer and have yet to explain what that is. Now we have advanced to "Recyclabe Garbage Can with Internet Access reward" and I have no clue what that might be. Possibly we could move along to a matter transfer device?

Carbonzit:

What if they toss a banana peel into the can?

You remove the peel and scrape the inside. Then allow the scrapings to dry in the sun or bake at 200 deg, F for an hour. Then crush and smoke. They call it Mellow Yellow.... :)

Thus a recycled banana peel.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back