Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reed relay better to conserve battery ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

philr

After a great response from a lot of people relating to a thread i posted recently involving a dark sensing
circuit, i was wondering if using a reed relay would be much more beneficial for switching a low power
DC motor, looking to make battery life last longer.

Thanks in advance

Phil

never tried using a reed relay so any good bad points i should consider

You can also get a CMOS relay and a latching relay. Both take very little power since the latching relay is only active for 10-50mS.

Thanks for the info, i will need to have a good read on these, as no experience with any of them, as long as they can serve a general purpose similar to a double pole relay switch, in order to be able to control a motor to open and close a light weight wooden door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back