Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regulate a 12v battery at 12v, 5A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexc

How do I regulate a 12v battery which actually produces 13.3-12.8V fully charged at 12v, +/-0.2V at 5A? Is there anything I can buy pre-made which can do this?

Thanks!

alexc said:
How do I regulate a 12v battery which actually produces 13.3-12.8V fully charged at 12v, +/-0.2V at 5A? Is there anything I can buy pre-made which can do this?

Thanks!

Possibly?, but you really need to more specific about what you're trying to do!.

This device may be of interst to you:

**broken link removed**

It is adjustable, so you can set it to 12v. Bear in mind it is likely to dropout at 13v as it says it has 1v dropout, so may not provide good regulation down to 12.8 (unless you set the output to 11.8, if your circuit is ok with that). Alternatively, 5 more common 1A low dropout regs in parallel with small current sharing resistors could work. LM2940CT mabye.

A thought though, the voltage of said battery may well drop at 5A of load, due to internal resistance. I assume it is lead acid?, so it may be a negligable amount depending on it's capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back