Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay curcuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper007

Hi

I want to realize one curcuit with relay switch. Please tell me is this curcuit correct ?

**broken link removed**

Maybe missing emitor resistor or something else ?

sniper

Hi

I want to realize one curcuit with relay switch. Please tell me is this curcuit correct ?

Should be OK. Perhaps the base resistor is a little low at 100 Ω, 1K seems better (Ibase = (supply - drops) / R = (5V - 2 V) / 1K = 3 mA; verify if your transistor will saturate with that currrent at the base)

Maybe missing emitor resistor or something else ?
sniper

No, it does't need one.

(Ibase = (supply - drops) / R = (5V - 2 V) / 1K = 3 mA

Why 2V ?

I intend to use 8V input and 2n2222.

Ib=(8-0.6)/1k = 7.4mA

Should be ok?

What's the coil resistance?
The diode should be a switching type and should be able to handle the coil current momentarily.
How much current/voltage can the I/O pin source at what voltage/current?

Why 2V ?

I intend to use 8V input and 2n2222.

Ib=(8-0.6)/1k = 7.4mA

Should be ok?

2 V (aprox) accounts for de drop across the transistor (B-E) and the µcontroler (Vsupply - VoH), about 1 V each

The 5 V is the µcontroler's supply. I assumed that you were using that voltage.

The relay's supply should match the relay's coil voltage - It may be 5V, 8V, 12v or wathever you have at hand.

So, here is my actually schematic:

**broken link removed**

I don't have ucontroller but receiever for ramp. This receiver have output 8V while i press button on remote control. When i press button would like to relay activate.

The relay's supply voltage is 6V because i have 6V relay

will it work circuit?

I hope you understand my problem:)

Last edited:
Yes, there should be no problem.

The three "low voltage grounds" (receiver's ground, transistor's emiter and 6 V supply's negative) must be tied together.

OK, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back