relay driven by microcontroller 89S52

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul3dreams

hey guys can ne1 help me?????????
i want to drive a automobile starter relay(12V, 2 ohms, commonly used in 2 wheelers) from 0v 2 its pull in voltage & from 12v to its dropout voltage. using atmel 89S52, pls giv me the solution for this

hey guys can ne1 help me?????????
i want to drive a automobile starter relay(12V, 2 ohms, commonly used in 2 wheelers) from 0v 2 its pull in voltage & from 12v to its dropout voltage. using atmel 89S52, pls giv me the solution for this

Try this... standard relay driver circuit for a relay. 2 ohms is a bit low for a relay coil tho', are you sure this is right?

Attachments

• relay_driver.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,335
Try this... standard relay driver circuit for a relay. 2 ohms is a bit low for a relay coil tho', are you sure this is right?

You didn't read his post accurately - he said 'starter relay' - which is usually called a solenoid, and does take LOT'S of current, so 2 ohms sounds quite plausible.

You didn't read his post accurately - he said 'starter relay' - which is usually called a solenoid, and does take LOT'S of current, so 2 ohms sounds quite plausible.

Ah, yes of course, I answered in haste. I should have realised that.

Well, in case the original poster reads this... the relay circuit I posted would do it, by using a small relay to control the larger (starter solenoid). Although, I am in general against using a relay to control a relay it's still going to be easier and cheaper that way (probably!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…