Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote switch with very fast response

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisberkvens

Hi there,

I would like to handle my guitar gear buttons remotely.
Normally, they are switched by foot on a floorboard. Therefore you always need to stand right where it is. And that's boring. :)

I allready bought a kit 'Velleman VM160' which works well, but it reacts way to slow.
I have to hold the button at least half a second to do the switching, but while playing guitar, you only have a fraction of a second to push a button.

So, i want a system that i barely need to touch, and it should also switch right away.
I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Last edited:
You say the VM160 'works well, but it reacts way to slow'. Would you be happy with a gizmo which needed the button to be pressed for, say, 0.1 sec (so you could carry on playing) but then still took half a second to activate an effects module or whatever? In other words a pulse-stretcher to trigger the VM160?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back