remotely control of light,door and gate in a building using printer ports of a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dachy12

pleas help me with the complete circuit for remotely controlling of 1 light,1 gate as well as 1 door in a building using printer ports of a PC by interfacing using VISUAL BASIC language.

Here you have... Make three or four of them, and you're done. You can get very good source code looking on the forum, use the Seach tool

Attachments

• ParRelAmp.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
pleas help me with the complete circuit for remotely controlling of 1 light,1 gate as well as 1 door in a building using printer ports of a PC by interfacing using VISUAL BASIC language.
1.Why bother with printer port, use simple wires.
2.For using printer port, google 'parallel port uses' not 'printer port'. There are at least 7 to 8 good sites with tutorials, complete programs.
3.If you need a kit to do this, contact EFY Kits n spares in Delhi India.
4.If you want to build it by yourself, read Electronics For You old issues.

The parallel port can be used under the provision of buffering I/O lines. The UART is very sensitive to overload and you'll have to purchase a new mainboard if it is damaged.

Here are two circuits, one is the buffer circuit and the other one the relay control circuit. Connect the relay control circuit to the I/O Adapter before use.

You can use the device to parallel port pins for status messages as well.

The direction of data flow is indicated by arrows in the schematics.

The adapter board plugs directly into the printer port and its outputs and inputs are connected to a 20 pin connector which then is connected to the relay board via a ribbon cable.

For software I recommend "Parport4"

All schematics and PCB designs are available as Eagle files.

Boncuk

Attachments

• PARALLEL-IO-ADAPTER-SCH.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 163
  • PARALLEL-IO-ADAPTER-BRD.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 153
  • PARALLEL PORT RELAYS-SCH.pdf
    50.7 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…