Renewing the unused

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey i have this board a friend gave me from some video monitoring system like a camera switch board. It has tons of ICs some other things as well.

Most if not all ICs are surface mount.

My main question is what would be the best way to get all these ICs off the board and into my hand

I want to recycle basically (reuse) the parts (ics) and other things. I was wondering if anyone had tips to remove these with ease or at least the minimal amount of damage.

Some parts to name:

10 74HC4051
23 Omron Switches with Caps
5 BT829AKPF - VideoStream DECODER
2 BT866KPF - Video Encoder
EDIT:
a few of each: IDT7202,IDT7203,IDT7204 Which are AsyncFIFO.
28.63MHZ OSC
54 MHZ OSC
IDT71256 32K x 8 Static RAM

And many other things

Last edited:
I've used heat gun like **broken link removed**. The cheap ones will do. With some PCB's you can turn the component side down, heat the solder side, and they just fall out. Others require a little help pulling the component out. But, do it some where you don't mind the smell of burning solder-mask and silkscreen.

Ken

awesome dude thanks i will try it ! but dont have a heat gun but will ask around for one...

Thanks again. In fact ill make some calls right now.

Jason, I agree with Ken, and just want to add a bit... get yourself a pail - metal is best, and prop your circuit board on the pail, components down, then when you have heated up an area, tap the board on the edge of the pail, and stuff should fall into the pail.

I would try and do this outside, as it can cause quite the stink...

Check it out i took a row of omron buttons and took 1 button out with a torch. These are pics of some of the stuff on the board.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 007.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture 024.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 010.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 011.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 018.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 017.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 015.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 022.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…